We all know the Rapture is coming. And we pretty much all know we, ourselves, are not going to be beamed straight to Heaven by Saint Scotty’s magical transporter, so it behooves those of us who will be Left Behind (shades of grade school!) to prepare as best we might for life in a post-apocalyptic, zombie paradise.
But just in case it doesn’t happen, I’m doing what a Facebook friend suggested, and leaving empty shoes filled with glitter outside all the gay bars I can find, just to confuse the Christians.
Here’s a very servicey video from our friend FrontierFormerEditor on practical ways to prepare for the looting which will inevitably ensue. Get your shopping carts in good working order now, people!
and if that doesn’t cover all your bases, here is a small roundup of Top Rapture Tweets. Yes, I expect this to trend BIG over the next two days. Apologies I can’t grab the Tweetshots, but Tweetshots appears to have been Raptured already.
- From ApocalypseHow: Hmm, the world ends the same week as Oprah’s show does? “EVERYBODY gets a CAR! Or thrown into the LAKE OF FIRE!”
- Bug Girl: A friend suggested we leave empty shoes filled with glitter outside gay bars on Rapture day. I can totes see you doing that :)
- Sean Percival: How about an inbox rapture instead? Just leave behind the naughty ones like my Agent Provocateur newsletters.
And here are zombie invasion survival tips from the Center for Disease Control. Boy, the government looks after everything, don’t they?
The rise of zombies in pop culture has given credence to the idea that a zombie apocalypse could happen. In such a scenario zombies would take over entire countries, roaming city streets eating anything living that got in their way. The proliferation of this idea has led many people to wonder “How do I prepare for a zombie apocalypse?”
Well, we’re here to answer that question for you, and hopefully share a few tips about preparing for real emergencies too!
So what do you need to do before zombies…or hurricanes or pandemics for example, actually happen? First of all, you should have an emergency kit in your house. This includes things like water, food, and other supplies to get you through the first couple of days before you can locate a zombie-free refugee camp (or in the event of a natural disaster, it will buy you some time until you are able to make your way to an evacuation shelter or utility lines are restored). Below are a few items you should include in your kit, for a full list visit the CDC Emergency page.
- Water (1 gallon per person per day)
- Food (stock up on non-perishable items that you eat regularly)
- Medications (this includes prescription and non-prescription meds)
- Tools and Supplies (utility knife, duct tape, battery powered radio, etc.)
- Sanitation and Hygiene (household bleach, soap, towels, etc.)
- Clothing and Bedding (a change of clothes for each family member and blankets)
- Important documents (copies of your driver’s license, passport, and birth certificate to name a few)
- First Aid supplies (although you’re a goner if a zombie bites you, you can use these supplies to treat basic cuts and lacerations that you might get during a tornado or hurricane)
That is what I call Taking Care of Your People! Remember, it’s time to get that granny cart and the acetylene torch all tuned up. Only 48 Earthly hours left!
Pingback: Cher is 65 and Other Celebrity News | I Need My Fix
Pingback: Are you ready for the Rapture (Raptor)? | World of author Tim Holtorf
Ummmmmmmm – how does the rapture work with time zones? I’m confused. The 21st is over half way through here now and nothing untoward has happened yet! Sun is shinning, a little windy outside, so the washing is drying nicely.
In fact, it is rather a good autumn day, to be honest! Either it ain’t happenin’ or Australia (God’s own country) is being spared!! :))
Besides, as I’ve said before, if it happens I’ll have spent 13 months celibate for nothing!!! I will not be happy!!
Lol, funny. I’m more afraid of getting attacked by zombie’s than having the entire world explode or implode – zombie’s are scary!
I think the rapture runs on US Eastern Time so there is still about 18 hours to go there (at the time of this writing).
You really think God runs on US time? ROTFLMAO – I’m saying nothing! Could get myself in awful trouble!
4 hours to go here!! Fiji’s in the clear, I think!
Pingback: Afternoon Links: Paris Hilton's Brother Heads to Court
Two days offline and not ONE person asked me if I’d been Raptured. Obviously my reputation precedes me.