and another thing…

Married To The Sea

For fans of flamewars, of which there is rumoured to be an overrepresentation around these parts although who knows, eh? the following transcripts, taken verbatim from the Twitter accounts of your fine blog hostess, mineownself, and John Berringer, will pay handsome dividends. Apologies for not threading them properly: I’m way lazy, yo. Some say these should be private messages, but since when have I ever been accused of an overabundance of … what’s the word … discretion?

For those of you who, quite sensibly, find you have quite a sufficiency of drama in your own lives without bothering your head about anybody else’s, you may click here for a random, and almost 62% likely to be aggro-free, post from the past.

And now, the transcript of raincoaster, in reverse chronological order (you might wish to read from the bottom up). At a certain point I just closed Twitter and went off and did my work; you can tell virtually the exact moment if you read his stream. His (considerably more amusing) stream is just below mine:

4. @johnberr Certainly reminding you that you said you were avoiding me hasn’t caused you to stop talking to me. That’s true.

5. @johnberr Yes, that’s what I said. You say I’ve no right to my opinion because I wasn’t standing beside you 20 years ago.

6. @johnberr No, it’s never been an us. I’ve never said where I was or what I was doing then. I’m saying every citizen has a voice and a right.

7. @johnberr I know this: your remarks are on the record. And so are mine. And I for one am fine with that. You can go back to avoiding me now

8. @johnberr Therefore nobody who wasn’t your friend then is allowed a voice now? How do you know what I was doing?

9. @johnberr No, what I’m saying is whatever you were then, now you’re an exclusionary elitist.

10. @johnberr You’re avoiding me? So that’s why the last thirteen @’s I have all came from you? So go ahead, avoid me.

11. @thedarkerside I’ve seen that painting…where is that? My memory is gone, I need more caffeine.

12. @johnberr I’m not going to give you my resume, for god’s sake. Stop dogging me and making an ass of yourself

13. @johnberr What do you want me to argue? That only ppl who lived here when YOU did are allowed to have opinions? That’s elitist bullshit.

14. @johnberr Did I say I wasn’t here? You asked me where I was in each of ten years! I was being followed by pimps in recruit mode that’s where

15. @johnberr If you didn’t see me back then, consider the possibility I was avoiding you.

16. @johnberr Sweetie, it’s time for you to switch to decaf. Do you want me to get in my time machine and make it all better?

17. @johnberr Dude, have you read the Beats? Be. Here. Now. The GA are not a solution, they’re a problem. As they were back in the day.

18. FYI Y’all, Gavin from CJSF is a genius. Jee Ee En Eye You Esssss! He solved our problems and » link to Streams of History Live Opening and Pancake Breakfast | Fearless City will rock tomorrow

19. @johnberr Are you talking about the Tweetup? You’re still invited. This does sound like the kind of talk to have over beers. But not tonight

20. @johnberr Point me the transcripts. Hell, stick them on a blog. I have distrusted the GA since the Eighties.

# @johnberr Thanks for the number, but don’t wait by the phone. I’m working & prefer flames on the record anyway. Tweet away.

# @johnberr Are you drunk sweetie? I don’t pretend to stand for anyone, and it’s the GA who I was quoting. Why don’t you tell me why you <3 GA

# @johnberr You talk awful big for a guy who wasn’t at Hastings and Main tonight. Like I said, I don’t rely on smug thugs for civic order

# @johnberr The last time the GA’s were here they DEFINED homeless people as “the enemy”. Essentially, the whole city ran them out on a rail.

# @johnberr I didn’t grow up in the city at all, but I don’t believe the right to free speech is geospecific to a certain area in one’s past.

# @johnberr They’re trained. I’ve had many positive interactions with cops and some negative, but on the whole they have my respect.

# @hummingbird604 You wouldn’t have gone up against them anyway. They were hot, in a hot thuggish way.

# @Astronautics COULD YOU TAKE YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF PLZTHXKBAI

# @johnberr Yes, I am dissing the Guardian Angels. If we’re delegating the protection of our city it should be to professionals, not thugs.

Yes, that’s how it all started. Seriously, the Guardian Angels remind me of Ninja Scientologists in Downtown Ambassador outfits.

fishy judgement

And here is the transcript of John Berringer, known as JohnBerr on Twitter, because it can’t handle that much awesome, I guess. He went to Stanford, ya know. Remember, this is reverse chronological order:

# @ColleenCoplick What is confusing? less than 5 seconds ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# @ColleenCoplick Oh man, whatever…OK….everything is fine……LALA-Fuckin’LA! I’m out…I tried. half a minute ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# @ColleenCoplick I don’t care hoe TOUGH you think you are. Being like that is weak, mt friend. Weak. 4 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# @ColleenCoplick How dare you….when I try to be respectful and you turn words around on me….brutal. 5 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# This is an easy one…keep acting like I did something wrong….deal w/ it yourself…..I’m on your side for fuck

sakes. Whatever. 7 minutes ago from TweetDeck

# @ColleenCoplick Nothing at all….why are you gettin’pissed at me? 9 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# Nothing? Oh I’m such a dink! 9 minutes ago from TweetDeck

# What dkid I say? 10 minutes ago from TweetDeck

# @ColleenCoplick When did u think I was against you? 10 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# @ColleenCoplick 1st Q: Got into a fight w/ the “some comm here”….HUH? 14 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# 1st Q: Got into a fight w/ the “some comm here”….HUH? 14 minutes ago from TweetDeck

# @ColleenCoplick Just to be respectful…I’ll answer whatever you need to know. 17 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# @ColleenCoplick Whatever man, I tried to make friends w/U long ago.It’s all good dude.Seriously.I just work diff than you do..it’s all good. 19 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# @ColleenCoplick You made it clear I shuld shut it down. Now you want me to pump it back up again? 22 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# @GregEh That ids really funny….D\Seriously…hilarious. 23 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @ColleenCoplick I’m not….stand back and let me get @GregEh ….not your concern….just his 24 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# @GregEh God, I wish I had access to your “Mushroom” farm so I could “Stomp” them down…..get it fuck nuts? 25 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh Are you for real….or just a real Jackass? 27 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @ColleenCoplick I didn’t….whatever 27 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# @PureEm You are so pathetic….it makes me laugh. 28 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to PureEm

# @ColleenCoplick Whateverman…warned off you and @raincoaster long ago…by your friends in SocMed Van. want names….I got’em. 30 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# @PureEm What ever man….you are so sad…so…so …sad. 32 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to PureEm

# @ColleenCoplick Why is it OK for you to fuckin’ freak out?I lose it on some stupid fucker and I’m an asshole? Brutal dude. Brutal./ 32 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to ColleenCoplick

# @PureEm Listen you little pissy fuck…have at ‘er….just gota sweet contract…while you work for the man….I’ll be laughing at you! 34 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to PureEm

# @PureEm You know what….what are u? 25….that’s a freakin’ joke. 36 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to PureEm

# @PureEm just seny itto you you…..fucker. 38 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to PureEm

# @PureEm Umm…your blog is a big ole pile of shit that takes 10 hours to scroll thru. You truly suck. Pencil neck fucktard. 38 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to PureEm

# @PureEm Funny….because I haven’t even had a drink……whatever guys. 43 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to PureEm

# @PureEm Oh man, you totally have got it wrong….so wrong. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to PureEm

# @PureEm What is your deal?I think you have it all wrong my friend. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

# @PureEm Sorry> What?….Wow….yor good. How would you know that? about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to PureEm

# @Richard1994 Your right….not worth it…thanks for giving my head a shake. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to Richard1994

# @GregEh Nice…my first Twitter scrap. Whatever dude. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh Oh great….now it is 1:20 in the AM….yeahfucker….whatever about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# Yeah, they always fade away….when they’re wrong. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

# @GregEh You afre whack dude….seriously. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh Anything else? about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh No about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh Whatever Perv.. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# I told you guys…we got one about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

# @GregEh Nice work dude….see you in a few minutes. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# Freakin’ perv….we wait for people like you. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

# @GregEh Just got a solid line on your ISP’s IP……. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh There is only one person that brought up ANYTHING about ANY child stuff….THAT WAS YOU. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh Yeah, I am a terribleparent. I’ll tell you what, you stupid little penial obessor, you think that by implying things you can…2. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh What is the matter….did you try and touch my daughter? That was weird. Whoa? I swear you touched mt daughters ass. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh Oh that is a good one….wait for the next message about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh What you are 23? Go fuckin’ jerk off somewhere you dumb little boy. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh And what I see is a flamer jumping into something that isn’t his business. Anything else punk! about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh Yeah, thats right brother….been doing it since I was 23…hmmmm….you have all the time in the world. U stupid fuck. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh Maybe next time you jump into a conversation…understand what is going on first.. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh Grow up. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh Or turn your eyes away from the HORROR! about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh F’n smart ass. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh You just said what? F….dude call out someone that doesn’t make over 20K a month based on their online biz. Your $2.20/m blog sucks about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @yurechko Seriously, you pipe up w/ nuthin’ dude. Nuthin’ about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to Yurechko

# @GregEh I have over 100 hundred sires and blogs fuckker! How far u wanna go? about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @GregEh the fuck? I said I had one ? about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to GregEh

# @raincoaster Yu still got nuthin’….brutal. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @Yurechko Typical….big mouth until you get called out…..Frack. Whatever, WOW winner! about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to Yurechko

# @Yurechko Punk ass. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to Yurechko

# @Yurechko Hey smart boy…how would you deal w/ what I did? Go home to Mommy and pee your pants? Whatever, . about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to Yurechko

# @Yurechko I have one word for you…….Best Buy!…RTard. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to Yurechko

# @Yurechko Typical….Go Tweak your whatever…..tard. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to Yurechko

# @kulpreetsingh Thanks for making me give my head a shake. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to kulpreetsingh

# @kulpreetsingh Isn’t that just hiding true ignorance under wraps? about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to kulpreetsingh

# @kulpreetsingh I appreciate that, but why should such ignorance be pushed into a private stream? about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to kulpreetsingh

# @raincoaster If you are a leader in the fight against what is right and wrong….I fear for those that could use the help. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster That’s what I figured. Nuthin’ about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster Prove me wrong? about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster These should probably be private messages, except for the fact there are people that want to call you out, but won’t. I will! about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster Quiet now right….fuckin’ fake. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster In the last 5 minutes. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# And I guarantee you there R at least 25 people in the VanSocMed scene that agree w/ me.They have all DM’d me and told me so.You are a FAKE! about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck

# You are a fake @raincoaster a total fake. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck

# @raincoaster Got nuthin’ now because you were called out? about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster And by the way….how dare you even use a 1st Nations-esque Avatar….you make me want to wretch.Disgusting.Yeah, challenge me! about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster Yup…just got about 5 or 6 tweets saying that you do. Wow. Surprise. Weak dude. Really weak. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster Do you always put words in other people’s mouths…oh hang on let me check. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster You have every right to your opinion….who the hell am I to say you don’t? I never said that. Never would. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

1. @raincoaster So even though I chuckmy # out there you woyuld rather hash this out on Twitter. Fine man…..you are in the wrong so….go! about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

2. @raincoaster However, you have to admit, your either not on your game tonight, or just pissed off. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

3. However, you have to admit, your either not on your game tonight, or just pissed off. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck

4. @raincoaster There are people that are DMing me right now saying that you do alot of good work. I actually know that you do I respect that. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

5. Scroll back all you want …I know my position and it doesn’t include lies or made up stuff. Not necessary when your right. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck

6. @raincoaster NO! I would not and DID NOT say that. I never would. Ever. That is totally unfair and not true. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

7. @raincoaster Absolutely. WTF does that have to do what we are talking about? about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

8. @raincoaster I guess calling names is the way you shut down most people. Not me dude…you are wrong on this one. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

9. RT @raincoaster: @johnberr No, what I’m saying is whatever you were then, now you’re an exclusionary elitist.**Whaaa???** about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck

10. @raincoaster That is not the point…nor has it been, You are turnimng this into a “ME” it ain’t…itsa “US” about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

11. @raincoaster Bullshit! Fuck you man. Seriously. Do you even knbow what you are talking about? about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

12. @raincoaster We laid the ground work for spineless fucks like you to protest.We faced Pepper spray and fire hoses so you could spout off. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

13. @raincoaster I just caught elist BS call. Are you serious? So what we did in the early 80’s….early’90s did nothing? about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

14. @coreyanderson Night brother…..all I wish is peace….seriously! about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to coreyanderson

15. @Orli You rock just because your Tweet came up in the middle of a Twwet fight. You rock gal. Thanks for the smile. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to Orli

16. @raincoaster Listen you pompous bag of wind. Your opinion means….<squelch> I know you try to do good, but it is for your own well-being. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

17. @hummingbirdThis is not the first time I have been warned about @raincoaster . Everyone in Van has warned me. She pushed me too far tonight. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck

18. @coreyanderson OK brother…thanx. Love that you are so into your kids. Me too! Sorry ifyou see some weird stuff on here re@raincoaster about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to coreyanderson

19. @raincoaster Not making an ass of myself. The more you expose of yourself….the more we can all avoid you. Fuck w/ me…..yeah ..right. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

20. @raincoaster OK…yeah…I screwed up onthe spelling…**feels like a knob** about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @coreyanderson Yeah, you sound really inteeligent now. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to coreyanderson

# @raincoaster Why’d you say something as antagonizing as:If you didn’t see me back then, consider the possibility I was avoiding you. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster I didn’t see you walking over the Burrard St. Bridge in defiance of the Bomb. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster Typical….throw back an insult when you can’t back up an argument. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster Sweetie? You are just as bad as people said you were. I asked you a simple question. Where were you 10 years ago? Not here, … about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# Just because you decided to jump on tjis now…..does NOT make you. the end all be all my friend. Been at it since I was 7…..you? about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck

# I never saw you there then? So……? about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck

# @raincoaster How about ’92/’93/’94/’95? WTF are you talking about? about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster Funny how I didn’t se you at Hastings and Main in ’88/’89/’90/’91 where were you then? about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @irinaslutsky Oh….you must have been assigned then. Still, I thought you did a good job. Even if you looked a little out of your element. about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to irinaslutsky

# @raincoaster You are so funny, cause you talked a way diff game the other night. about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster Here is my number: 778-574-1990 you call me and tell me how I don’t get it. about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# You stand for something that includes you. Sad really. about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck

# @raincoaster You know …alot of people told me NOT to interact w/ you. Now I know why. You don’t stamd for the “homeless” as u call them. about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster Absolutely. So what pre tel do you suggest. You seem to have a whole lot of jump….not much game. about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster Of all people….darn it. about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster What side of the city did you really grow up on? about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @raincoaster Dude….the VPD aren’t thugs? about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

# @shamelesshussy Oh damn….you are funny! about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to shamelesshussy

# @irinaslutsky Yeah…I seen it. Was that your first interview at a Pron show? I’d be so nervous. about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to irinaslutsky

# @LizzHarmon True…that is what I like about it…real life…real people. about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to LizzHarmon

# @LizzHarmon She’s very cool. I like her freshness and candor. about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to LizzHarmon

# @irinaslutsky Yeah I saw it…still getting over my first Dynamite Roll….damn. about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to irinaslutsky

# Just had my first ever Dynamite Roll……OMFG! That is awesome. about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck

# @coreyanderson Jeez, man…what the F%*$! about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to coreyanderson

# @raincoaster Are u seriously diising the Guardian Angels? about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to raincoaster

25 thoughts on “and another thing…

1. Sure:

I ran into some Guardian Angels on the way home. They were deployed around Main and Hastings as if ready for battle, in what my friend called the “Frontier Stance.” You know, legs apart, hands on hips or crossed across the chest. Like a gorilla at a singles bar.

And the GA’s last time they were active got a rep for beating up on homeless people and telling them to “get out of town.” They were thugs, and I see no reason to assume they’re not thugs now. So I said so.

So this John Berringer went OFF! It was seriously spittle-flying, Rush Limbaugh-fit-having time. First he attacked me relentlessly with the @’s, then when I just went off and did my work instead of replying to him (he wanted to know where I’d been each of nine years, ten to twenty years ago) he started picking on other people.

Some people decided to poke him, and they got just what you’d expect; some were trying to be neutral, and they got attacked. And then poor Colleen wasn’t even talking to him, and he just went after her completely.

Dude runs a business media company, apparently.

2. It’s a little hard to follow…but it’s classic raincoaster that you egged him on to expose himself all over Twitter (& for your later enjoyment on the blog).

Guardian Angels, every time I’ve ever seen them walk onto a skytrain (or subway in Toronto), or down a street, always just looked like they were wanting a fight. I’ve seen it, they show up, and young guys just riding the train home suddenly bristle with testosterone and potential shit-coming-down. Bullshit organization.

3. Also classic raincoaster that I only link to a website whose incoming links he can track via the comments, which are Nofollow links. I wonder what he’ll say when he sobers up and reads this.

And yes, they were very aggressive in their body language. But also zombie polite, like Scientologists. I still remember the last time we ran these thugs out of town, and I hope we do it again. Vigilantes are not the solution; they are the problem.

At least with all the cops, media, and citizen journalists around, they won’t get away with beating up the homeless this time around.

4. Hi Rain,

I tried to read it from the ground up, but stopped when this one popped out at me:

I didn’t see you marching on the Burrard street Bridge calling for banning the bomb.

Hey!!! I was in that march. I remember the bridge atmosphere like it was last week. That was in 1981. Just after invasion of Afghanistan, election of Reagan, heavy Soviet-US tension. Were you there too?

5. Ok, my main problem is that I’d never heard of Guardian angels before, but I’ve now googled it.

He’s a madman..

You know …alot of people told me NOT to interact w/ you.

Admit it, you felt proud at that part!

I wonder what he’ll say in the morning..

6. Yes, I was in that march too. I was, in fact, pushing an old lady in a wheelchair in the middle of the Anarchists Union mob. And I made a pair of shorts with Ban the Bomb symbols all over them and wore them proudly for many years until the poor things fell apart. AND I used to work for Greenpeace, too.

But I’ll be damned if I give a loser like that a resume in return for the right to speak my mind.

And yes, Cat, I was for a second, until I realized he was lying. I mean, no matter how many personalities he has, he still only counts as one.

Although I am sure a LOT of people told him not to cross me.

Honestly, between picking a fight with me and picking one with Colleen (who wasn’t even talking to him when he jumped on her) it was In Over Your Head Day for John Berringer.

7. Pingback: The Decline and Fall in 140 Characters « raincoaster

8. Yeah, this was one of the most random and abusive conversations i’ve ever had the misfortune to be dragged into.

He was very definitely on SOMETHING.

9. For me this whole episode was surreal for me.

I was on Tweetdeck around 9-10pm that night, and was reading through some posts when I notice that this guy was calling it a night: http://ow.ly/d2T. I logged off shortly after, noticing that he was still posting after claiming to be leaving. Sure enough, I watch a movie and some tv only to come back to Twitter at a later hour to discover this unbelievable loss of control. I was totally blown away knowing that he was going to log off, and instead decided to stay on. One bad decision, not to go to bed or log off, caused him to stay up, lose control, and create an ugly situation.

It was type of behavior I was hoping not to see on the Twitter scene.

10. there’s a pic of him and his kids on his Twitter profile … imagine being woken up in the middle of the night in your Spiderman bed because daddy is hitting the pipe and screaming at the computer downstairs! damn.

Time for Mr. Social Media expert to look for other work.

I Stumbled! Someone else must Digg.

11. Thanks for the Stumble!

Yeah, Mark, you’re right; one bad decision can change so much. I’m something of a military historian of flamewars, but this kind of thing is not what I expected to see from a semi-professional account. This is exactly why you should always have your “I’m going to pop a few beers and fart around online” identity. Because everyone does or should expect this behavior online, but nobody should demonstrate it from their professional account.

I, on the other hand, am a professional bitch, so it didn’t hurt my brand at all.

12. Pingback: Teen Accused of Sex Assaults Using Facebook to Find Victims