Okay people. Let’s not beat around the bush. You know what I want: I know you know what I want.
Give it to me here.
What You Need to Know
* A “weblog” is defined as a page with dated entries.
* The contest is open to any weblogs that existed for a period of time during the year 2006, so weblogs that were discontinued during 2006 are also eligible.
* Only one nomination form and one finalist voting form may be submitted per person.
* E-mail addresses are required to vote. You must use your own address and confirm the validation e-mail.
* If you attempt to submit a second ballot, your first one will be replaced.
* In the nomination phase:
o URLs are required.
o The maximum number of weblogs you may nominate for a category is three (3) for most categories and four (4) for Weblog of the Year.
o At least three (3) different weblogs total must be nominated.[you know where the blogroll is, right? Use it; I did!]
o There is no limit to the number of categories a weblog may be nominated for.
o Nominees have to fit the category they are placed in.
These rules may change at any time, but they probably won’t.
How It Works
From now until 10:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5) on Wednesday, January 10, 2005, anyone can nominate their favorite weblogs.
That Saturday, January 13, three panels of 50 voters will receive an e-mail. It will list the weblogs that have receieved the most nominations in ten categories. They will have until 10:00 PM EST on Thursday, January 18 to privately submit their five favorites (six for Weblog of the Year) for each category. The five (or six for Weblog of the Year) receiving the most votes will become finalists. I (Nikolai Nolan) will only vote for the panel in the case of a tie for fifth place. This panel is on an opt-in policy; there is a checkbox on this form for it.
On Monday, January 22, the finalists will be announced and voting will be open again to choose the winners.
Voting will close at 10:00 PM EST on Monday, January 31. The winners will be posted sometime between Sunday, March 12 and Tuesday, March 14.
Make me proud, people. Make me proud.
PS: apropos of nothing, I would just like to mention that I’ve recently learned a really nifty blowjob trick (equal-opportunity).
PPS: There’s a Nutrigrain bar in it for you if you nominate me.